Sunday, July 21, 2013

Give Me My Stripper Pole, Please ...

Stripper Pole, Please...
Photo Credit: www.flickr.com

Now, I might not be as flexible as Barbie, or look that good in sequins ....
I certainly don't have a pout that seductive ...
and Ken has never, ever tried to hand me a dollar bill .... 

And, if you have gotten to know me well enough through my blogs, you would know that not only would I never attempt to fling my body at a stripper pole (let alone, subject some poor man to watching it) but the fact is, I'd probably wind up being one of those girls in the videos where the pole falls down and I land on my !@#$%^!

So, why then, is the theme of this blog about stripping, you ask?

Well, today it happened.

That "it" I've been waiting for to happen since December 7, 2012.  

I found myself repeatedly pulling up my pants.

Then, I found myself absent-mindedly playing with the thigh on the pants because there was plenty to tug.

And, it hit me ... these pants are too damn big.

I went to the bathroom and checked things out.  These pants used to leave a mark at the waist when I would wear them.  I checked the waist band and guess what?  It pulled out several inches.  And, I found myself measuring the pant legs - wow, at least 4-5" of give in the pant leg.  As they rested on my hips and I pulled them up one more time, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, 

"YOU GO GIRL."

I hadn't really seen the difference though my measurements were telling me I should be seeing something going on.  And, someone told me this week they had lost 50 lbs in 6 months and I got discouraged that I've only lost 15 since December.  But, just like the dents I wrote about before, this was another motivator.  Keep going and maybe, juuuuust maybe I'll buy that stripper pole someday.

Yeah, probably not.  But, that's ok.

As for feeling discouraged about that other person's weight loss (jealous much?), I have to remember that he is on his own journey while mine is completely different.  Where he could drop his weight down that fast, I have learned that quick weight loss doesn't work for me. Why?  Because I wind up losing my motivation and gaining it back. This is not a diet, this is a journey.  My journey.  Little by little as I inch my way along to smaller pants, form-fitting sexy dresses (instead of tents) and cute bathingsuits, I need to remember what I am doing.  I am changing my normal.  

I'm so glad you are here with me.  I'm so happy to share this journey with you all and hope your journey is going well.  Until next time, you wonderful, beautiful, fellow Fat Chicks ....

Challenge of the Day:
Keep your chin up, keep on your journey and watch out for your opportunity to invest in your own stripper pole! Just kidddding!


0

No comments:

Post a Comment