Sunday, February 2, 2014

Come to Jesus Blog

Photo Credit: http://www.zazzle.com/lets_have_a_come_to_jesus_meeting_shirt-235505740032811807

You know, I really did mean to write.

You have all been on my mind the past couple of months but did I stay in touch?

Noooo.

I really did mean to stay on track but if it ain't one thing ... it's fifty!

In the past three months, I've:

  • Started dating a guy
  • Realized he was crazy
  • Stopped dating the guy
  • Had Halloween candy
  • Had Thanksgiving dinner
  • Had Christmas dinner
  • Had an amazing trip to San Diego full of good food
Good Lord ... Yes, I meant to stay on track, but I fell off it somewhere around the time I dropped, "Crazy." I went from 208 (wow was I proud the day THAT was on the scale!) back up to 217 (yyyyeah ... not so proud that day).

Yeah, I had good intentions but let's face it, good intentions just aren't enough.  So, this is my "Come to Jesus" blog, my "I'm sorry I'll never do it again" - Oh, who am I kidding?  My "I'll try harder blog" - My "quit my excuses" blog.  In short ....

Well, I did survive the holidays and I'm back on track.  My Fitness Pal accepted my heart felt apology and we are friends again.  I'm back to logging and am happy to say I'm logging pretty much every day now and going strong.

I'm back to doing my bathroom exercises too.  At my new job, I have to walk down a long corridor to get to the bathroom.  I timed it one way and it's 30 seconds.  So round trip is a minute.  I'm keeping track of those walks, walking a little faster and twisting my upper body (to work my obliques) 25x (each side) by the time I reach the bathroom.  Yyyyyeah ... I only do the twists when no one else is around.

Also, I'm taking the stairs 2-3x a day.  72 stairs - 4 flights - not bad.  It's a minute up and a minute down.  I'm keeping track of this too and logging it.  It's hard on my knees though - they sound like gravel shaking up in a can.  So, I've also started taking Glucosimine to help them out.  Haven't seen an improvement yet but I hear it takes awhile.

I'm also trying to do two work outs a week.  I have been going to the gym and walking my dog (who has FINALLY learned how to walk on a leash without dragging me!)

I've been trying to make better food choices as well.  I have reduced my caloric goal to 1560 on My Fitness Pal.  I'm shooting for 1560 - 1800 now.  Just a few weeks ago, I was back to 2000 - 2200 per day.  It just took some adjustments to reign myself back in.  It's hard to believe in December 2012, I was eating 2500 - 3500 calories a day.

All these good intentions are hard for me to forgive but I have pulled up my boot straps and heading back in to battle!  What about you?

Photo Credit: http://brunswickplantationliving.com/new-years-resolutions-promises-bev-filer/





No comments:

Post a Comment