Sunday, April 21, 2013

!@#$% Thigh Gap!

Photo Credit: Totallyloveit.com

Have you heard about this?
Not only do we have to worry about having a flat stomach, perky boobs, full butt, toned legs and arms, but NOW we have to worry about whether we have Thigh Gap.

WTH??

If it wasn't enough that I have to worry about all these other things, I now need to worry about whether I have a GAP where my thighs meet up with my coochie-coochie-coo?

Good Lord.  

When I lived in California, I would see women stand like this all time:

Photo Credit: agefotostock.com

I saw that a lot.  And, not just on celebrities but on co-workers, or teen age girls waiting to get into a restaurant.  Man, I can't even stand right.  How the hell are they going to have their thigh gap standing like this?!

This will be the demise of society, and we all know it.  I hereby make the decree that with all the suffering in the world, starvation, bombings, natural disasters, governmental disasters, terrorists, child abuse, and mental illness,  you better damn well stand right and have a friggen gap up by your coochie-coochie-coo if you are going to fit in with society.

Damn, how do I even add taking the measurement of that area to my list of measurements every month?  My measuring tape? I couldn't stand with legs crossed to do that.  A ruler?  What if my gap is wider than a ruler? What if my ruler disappears?

Who am I kidding?

Do I need to just say it?

What IDIOT got it in their heads that women/girls should stand like this and mandate we have a gap up .... well up there?  How many teen age girls are going to become anorexic because their gap isn't wide enough?  What happened to women being soft creatures and curvy?  I doubt Marilyn Monroe had a friggen thigh gap and yet, isn't she the epitome of feminine sexiness?

Ignore this, fellow Fat Chicks.  Don't you DARE allow yourself to look at your crotch and think, "if only I had a thigh gap."  And, I better not see you standing on the corner with your legs crossed ridiculously like that.  Hell, if it was me, I'd fall over.  I'm more concerned that I don't rub my thighs raw rather than if I have a gap there.  (As for the rubbing raw, wear a pair of work out shorts under your pants and you won't rub raw).  

We are better than this superficiality, Ladies.  Goodness, even if I could pull off a thigh gap and cross my legs like I have to pee all the time, where in the world would I ever wear such a cute short dress and stylish shoes?  I don't think that look works at the grocery store.

We are REAL, Ladies (and Gentlemen).  We are not this superficial spectacle on the news (on the news!!) that is being put in front of us.  Don't buy into it.  Don't wonder if your legs are good enough because of a gap.  Just be you.  Good ol' glorious, beautiful YOU.

Challenge of the Day:
Find a way to measure your thigh gap standing with your legs crossed , standing on your head, wearing a hot black dress and heels.  OOOORRR, just be you.  Until next time ....


No comments:

Post a Comment