Friday, March 8, 2013

Embrace Your Curves



Yeah, that's not me.

This is a photo of a plus sized model from Plus Magazine.  And, I love it.  She's curvy, sexy, confident, beautiful and wearing killer shoes.

If I could give each and every one of you one thing, it would be to accept yourself.  I've covered that in one of my first blogs, but in this one, I want to take it a step further.  Yes, you accept yourself as a good person, but do you accept your appearance?

Oh, how I hate when someone says, "She'd be so pretty if she'd just lose a few pounds."  Or, "She has a pretty face."  So, what?  The rest of me isn't pretty?  I almost want to say, "Well, you'd be smart if you had half a brain."  Or, "You'd have a pretty face if yours wasn't so ... well, ugly." Ahh, but I take the high road and don't ever say those things out loud.

But, I do accept my body.  Sure, I get down on it every now and then when I feel like a beach ball.  But in the end, loving your body is more than accepting it when you are the "right size" (whatever THAT is).  And, my body has been good to me.  It is beautiful and sexy.  It is sensitive to touch and enticing.  It is mine.  And, although it's not where I want to be in the end, it's where I am right now and I'm thankful for it.

Your body is curvy and soft.  You have breasts, a butt, hips and a soft tummy. That's ok.  Your body is sensitive to touch, sexy and beautiful.  Artists have painted your body for centuries as the essence of womanhood.  And, hopefully you enjoy a healthy relationship with someone who views your body as the sexy, beautiful part of you that only he/she can aim to please.

If you want to be prettier, then take the steps to be prettier.  Get a good hair cut, learn how to wear make up, spray a light perfume and dress in a way that flatters your body.  Get your nails done, wear jewelry and accessorize your look with a nice purse or clutch.  No one looks great all the time, but take the time to look your best often.

Also, pamper your body.  Sink into a tub of bubbles, bath salts and surround yourself with candles and music.  Lay back and relax, letting that water soak your skin and soften every part of your body.  Shave your legs, arm pits and bikini area.  Apply lotion to your body afterwards and sink into something soft and cuddly.  Go get a massage, pedicure, manicure or facial.  Your body is the only one you've got so love it, pamper it and please it.

Finally, be confident in your sexiness.  Forget turning off the lights and hiding under a blanket to be intimate with your lover.  Leave the lights on, and enjoy each other physically and visually.  And remember, you are beautiful.  You are sexy.  You are confident.  You are woman.

Challenge of the Day
Love, pamper and please your body.  Take steps to improve your looks if you feel they need to be.  Allow your lover to enjoy your curves without hiding yourself from him/her.  Accept your body and your beauty.  Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment