Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rules


They spend all summer getting ready for the new year. They put up posters encouraging students, giving direction and yes, defining the rules of the classroom.  When the students walk into the room, they know right away that they are not walking into a playground.  This is not fun time, friends.  It's time to get to work. It's time to define the rules.

#1 - Keep track of your nutrition on My Fitness Pal (or something similar) and log daily regardless of whether you did well or not that day. Feel free to "friend" me.  My My Fitness Pal name is "beth4dieting."  Just keep logging!

#2 - Meet your caloric goals 80% of the time leaving yourself the other 20% to be human.

#3 - Exercise at least three times a week.  Cardio should be part of each work out.  Then, either isometrics or light weights.  Remember that to tone but not bulk, you should use light weights with more repetitions.  For example, bicep curls with 15 lbs, 3 sets at 12-15 repetitions per set.  Rest for a minute between each set. I will be having some blogs showcasing specific exercises, especially my bathroom exercises coming soon.

#4 - Develop your own rules of your house.  No, I don't mean the ones your kids abide by but the ones that you will abide by.  The following are some of my personal rules:


  • Don't keep ice cream in the freezer.  It's too easy to snack on.  If you really, really want some ice cream, go get an ice cream cone.    Or, bring home a tiny container of ice cream and enjoy every bite in that one snack.  Don't do this often.
  • Eat off smaller plates instead of large plates.
  • Only eat one plate of food.
  • Do not buy sugary drinks.  Stick with water, orange juice and fat free milk.
  • Drink diet sodas.
  • If you eat spaghetti and meatballs, invite me over.  GOTCHA!  Actually figure out where your weaknesses are and develop the rules to make them work in your life.

Having rules gives you structure.  Developing your own set of rules, makes you the owner and controller of your health.  

Challenge of the Day:
Develop the set of rules that will provide you with the ownership of your own health and in turn, destiny.


Special Thanks:
Special thanks to all of you readers, but I want to specifically thank the people in Germany.  It is amazing to me that people are reading my blog world wide.  I am partially German and I appreciate your support.  Vielen Dank für das Lesen meiner Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment