Sunday, February 24, 2013

Diet Drinks ... No, Seriously...

How many times have you sat through a commercial for a diet drink that "challenges" you to drink their drink and you're bound to lose weight?!

*Actual results may vary. 

Riiiiiiiight.

Again, if my view point is all about changes you can make for the long run - for LIFE... do you really see yourself drinking these "shakes" (now, that's just funny) instead of real food on a daily basis?

Yeah, me neither.

But, they do have a place in my life.  I do think they have value.

I use these "shakes" (sorry, still kinda laughing at that one) on those days I eat too much for lunch and don't want to go over board with dinner.  Since dinner is my hardest meal of the day that if I am going to blow it, it's during dinner, I use these to keep me on track occasionally.

They're great for the occasional meal replacement.

On a day like today, after walking my dog about an hour, I really didn't want to eat food.  I felt hungry but didn't want to actually eat something heavy (yes, believe it or not, it can happen!).  So, instead of having a meal, I had a ... um .... "shake."

Honestly, I liked it.  It's chocolate-tasting, cold and milky with fat free milk.  I do have to giggle in the directions where it states to use a "heaping" scoop.  Yeah, ok ... I'll heap it on.

Brands I have tried and liked include (of course) Slim Fast, Juice Plus and Slim Rite.  I actually like Slim Rite the best.  If I close my eyes, it just might be a shake.  Well, probably not, but it's worth a try. And, 200 calories isn't too shabby either.

You can always put it in your blender, throw in some ice and some frozen fruit.  That's really good.  Tossing in peaches, strawberries or pineapple is good.  I do recommend the frozen kind because they add a bit more icy texture and you don't have to eat them right away.

So, cheers to you, my fellow Fat Chicks!  Drink up and enjoy!

Challenge of the Day:
Buy a protein drink and substitute your "shake" as a meal occasionally.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment