Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's Not a Freakin' Diet!

Oh, if I had a $100 for every freakin' diet I've been on!  I did Atkins a couple of times - it made me sick within 3 days each time.  I tried Prism - which although a fantastic approach, was just too hard for me to maintain for longer than 3 weeks.  I tried HCG - but my work got in the way and I couldn't maintain it.  That's not to mention all the calorie counting, "fat burner" pills, and yes, purging to control my diet.

Diets don't work.

You know it as well as I do, don't you?

But, they seem to give us structure so mayyyybe this time it will work.

It won't.

Why?  

Because it's a freakin' diet and diets are short term, difficult, are something we aren't used to doing and are usually not a way you can maintain for life.  

Yeah, but I want to lose 30lbs in 30 days!  

Of course you do ... so would I ... but it won't happen, and when you go back to eating the way you are used to eating, you'll gain it all back.

Am I pessimist?  Is that glass half full?  Or half empty?

No, I'm a realist.  That's half a glass of water.  Plain and simple.

If I can touch any part of your mind and heart ... and help you change one tiny thing in your life ... it would be that you never diet again.  Ever.  

Then, how in the world are you going to lose weight? get healthy? look more attractive? and get into that fantastic string bikini in 30 days?

Ok, you won't.  Be realistic.  

This program I am building is slow, which goes against everything we want, doesn't it?  We have fast food, TIVO, call waiting, microwaves just to name a few of the time saving devices in our lives.  But, my journey is for life.  I guess you can call me a lifer.  

It won't be over in 30 days.  It won't be over.

Get it?

I'm going to screw up.  I'm going to have great days.  I'm going to have days I just want to crawl back into bed and not do a damn thing.  And, days when I can take on the world.  Because, that's my life.  And, changing my health is something I'm  doing a  little at a time, over time, with small steps.  

Why?

Because I want to have a healthier lifestyle that I can actually maintain without feeling like I am missing out on food, eating, enjoying certain types of food.  And, I don't want to work so hard to lose weight to just gain it all back again when I "go off my diet." If this isn't a diet, and I make changes that I can live with, then, they become my reality and in time, I am a healthier me.

Challenge of the Day:
Screw diets!  Take a stand that you have gone through your last diet.  Get in the mindset that you are going on this journey to find a healthier you, one small step at a time that you can live with for the rest of your life.  Still reading?  I'm proud of you ... you can do this.  Until next time ....

P.S. I heard that the comments aren't working.  If you need to reach me, please email me at 1fatchick2another@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment