Sunday, February 10, 2013


Hi Fellow Fat Chicks,

Yes, I use the word, "Fat."  I don't use "heavy," "healthy," "husky," "big boned," "thick" or whatever else you may call it.  I was never "thin," "slender," "waif-like," or "skinny".  I was somewhere in between.  But a traumatic event in my life started me down a path of excuses, shame and denial.  Two babies later, I was hitting just over 200lbs.  A divorce later and honestly, I just didn't care. And, at the height of my weight, I weighed in at 232lbs last December, 2012.

I found myself heavier than I had ever been.  My blood pressure was so high, I was having migraines and bloody noses.  I also have Sleep Apnea and use a sexy little CPAP machine every night when I go to bed.  My size was 18/20.  And, as much as I thought, oh I look fine, when I finally broke down and measured my body on 12/07/12, I cried. It's hard to feel sexy when you look like Alfred Hitchcock's silhouette.

Thus began my quest to find a healthier me.  Note, I didn't say a skinnier me, or sexier me, or thinner me ... been there, done that, right? What I'm looking for from myself is to make changes in such a way that I can live with them.  You won't find me eating celery and carrots all day.  Goodness, who does that? I want to eat real food and a good amount.  You won't find me eating 300 calories a day either.  And, you won't find things happening quickly for me.  My goal is 3-5lbs a month.  That's pretty small, but even if I only lost 3lbs a month, I'd be down 36lbs by Christmas and under 200 for the first time in a long time.

I've learned a lot over the years about health, exercise and weight loss.  And, in this forum, I'll share with you all. My hope is that something will click for you too.  That you will be motivated, encouraged and possibly head off into your own quest.

Of course, Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer! I am not a weight loss expert.  I am just a regular girl wanting to make a change I can work with.  I don't relate to the hard bodies who sell books on weight loss ... I just don't.  They are not in my head, I am.  I am not a Doctor either.  I am working WITH MY DOCTOR on my health.  What works for me, may not work for you.  So, if you decide to start on this quest, please make sure and consult your doctor.

If you would like to share this journey with me, please follow my blog.

Thank you,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment